Priority one is Communication – Since this site was built as a multi-lingual one you can just go to the bottom right column and click on your choice of 58 languages.
La prioridad es la Comunicación – Ya que este fue construido como un sitio multilingüe que sólo se puede ir a la columna inferior derecha y haga clic en el idioma de su preferencia.
This site is intended to serve two basic purposes for you the visitor.
Purpose #1 – Providing a Source for Great Homes
This site is first and foremost all about our passion for creating along with you in a unique partnership not just a good home but a GREAT Eco minded home of enduring World Class Quality. All of this along with low maintenance costs while maintaining affordable pricing.
“We design and build the best homes in Costa Rica!”
If you care to stay with us and do your own extensive research in reading our one of a kind e-book and posts as well as reader and client comments you will find out just how and why we do that. This bold statement is not to brag only to clarify the facts. If you are in pursuit of the same goals then this I assure you of this, you will be in for a most interesting and informative visit today!
Equally, just to be crystal clear, what you won’t find is any dancing bears or fancy graphics designed to entertain you. Nor will you find any BS just the relevant facts on building a new home in the tropics based on a ton of experience as witnessed by over 150 photos and a mountain of constant research in an effort to be the best of the best in the game of Tropical Home Building.
To serve that end we only build with Eco driven or Green building materials and methods that come from our extensive and constant research and construction experience in order to provide our select clients with the desired results. Hopefully this also describes your desires as well.
One of our clients, Mel Stevenson from Samara had this to say, “Also the fact that you itemized all of the materials and labor costs made me feel comfortable with your low price. It showed me where the money would go and that there is nothing left out.” (Note all quotes can be found below in the comments section.)
We seek out truly symbiotic relationships where we can work with you to achieve these ends. Here is a perfect example of that in another simple quote from another one of our clients.
Steffen Hofmann of Ciudad Colon, “It´s too bad we didn´t know you guys before our project got off the ground, but you certainly work miracles. It was a constant battle with previous contractors just to get what we needed and wanted. Thanks for being sensitive to what we needed to make our restaurant a reality.”
Location of your dream home is not particularly relevant as it could either be on your own property where ever in Costa Rica you happen to prefer or for a select few it could also be inside our own Project, Montaña Paraiso, which is at the cutting edge of Green Building in San Antonio de Escazu.
It matters not to us where you actually prefer to build since our system and methods can be delivered anywhere there is a desire for a great home. Generally the more remote the location the more limited your choices are hence even more critical that we are capable of entering any location like a swat team and leave a matter of weeks later with your dream home completed.
The materials and system we use are everything in achieving extraordinary results. Another quote from our architect and friend Oscar Villavicencio of Plaza Viques, San Jose, “MgO SIP´s is an excellent option for building in Costa Rica. Fast installation, modular panels, simple and impervious to humidity and insects make this system ideal for residential and commercial construction.”
Purpose #2 – Providing Education for the Tropical Consumer
Our second purpose is to provide any consumer with truthful information, guidance and consultancy regarding proven tropical construction materials, methods and principles regardless to whether we ever do any business together. I have witnessed more horror stories here than I care to count so in order for you to avoid similar experiences please accept our gift of the free education contained in our book. Such will help you make way better decisions as well as to be forewarned before the shit really hits the fan. I will let a reader best describe the value of this from Debra Curry of Red Deer, Alberta, Canada, “Your experience is always so valuable. You have such a vast knowledge of realties of building in Costa Rica and Central America is priceless. Thanks again!”
In essence how to avoid the problems before they happen. Our intent is to aid anyone that truly wants to elevate the standards of their home to well above the Costarican norm that has been seriously out paced by both price and quality expectations of the 21st Century consumer. The typical new home is both low quality as well as overpriced due to the common bad habits, strange methods and questionable material selections.
Your particular objective will dictate where you want to go from this page. The menu above can guide you into the area that best suits your needs and/or interests. Our e-book How Not to Get Ripped Off by the Construction Industry is a huge leap forward in being better informed as well as helping you clearly understand why we do what we do and how that would affect how you should build your home. Our fans tend to want to talk to us once they have experienced the in-depth knowledge that we share on our site here. You will not find more information on good construction practices versus the examples showing why the bad ones are just that, on any site about Costa Rica. This is the first and only book dedicated to learning how to build a world class home in this country. If you think I am wrong in this assertion please come back and correct me.
A final quote from Lisa Peters in San Carlos, “AFTER MY EXPERIENCE WITH TREVOR YOU CAN REST ASSURED THAT OUR NEXT CONSTRUCTION TOGETHER I WILL NOT QUESTION ANYTHING. HE IS THE PROFESSIONAL AND KNOWS WHAT HE IS DOING. HE WILL NEVER TAKE ADVANTAGE OF CREATING MORE WORK THEN NECESSARY TO GAIN MORE MONEY. IF ANYTHING HE WILL SAVE YOU MONEY. HE CARES ABOUT THE CLIENT AS MUCH AS HE CARES ABOUT THE QUALITY OF WORKMANSHIP HE GIVE YOU.”
As you may note in the comments section at the bottom of the page quite a few people have found our information most helpful in getting them to where they want to be.
Important Information about Our Methods & Materials
For those who may consider moving from just investigation to serious consideration of having us build you a home please be advised of the following criteria in order for synergy to best work for the benefit of both parties in creating a win/win situation.
1. We are not here to convince you of anything only to enlighten and guide you into better decisions based on 65 years of experience along with excellent design and product knowledge. You will note that many of our fundamental products are rarely seen in a typical home in Costa Rica. However you can only expect the best decisions for your situation if you know your options, the how’s and the why’s. This is about building you “your” dream home, not about us building testaments to ourselves.
2. We do not cater to the mass market where the lowest level of acceptable performance will do along with those that will accept second rate crap! We have a specific profile in mind as to who makes a great client that seeks a great home using our kind of cutting edge methods. Those that seek what we offer love us and those that don’t just go away!
3. If you have little or no interest in eco driven practices then please don’t waste your time or ours. Under no circumstances will we build a new home with concrete and/or steel structure, so don’t ask.
4. We tell you what you NEED to know to make better decisions which may well not be the same as what you want to know but never the less that never changes our message. I in particular have little patience nor time for subtleties so do not be surprised when I am blunt and to the point.
5. We do not compete with other builders! We do not care what they do or how they price their homes because we know of no one that will put our quality of practices and materials above all other considerations. Or who will open up their cost sheets to all perspective clients in the pursuit of building you not just a great home but one also based on total transparency! Maybe someday I will meet another builder that meets this criteria but thus far it sure has not happened.
You can become familiar with the details of our unusually high quality standards by going here: www.casasenescazu.com/quality-standards.
Should the above criteria be compatible with your mission and purpose in visiting us today then we would be only too pleased to help you achieve your dream home in any way possible! Just drop us a note in the comments section below or call us and we will discuss how this can become a reality as well as what steps we take in order for all of us to know if this is the right fit for both of us.
If not well then lots of luck to you in what ever path you may take.
Trevor Chilton & Michael Pawluk
If you have an interest in being apprised of what we are up to or to get to know other clients that are using our services then join our newsletter list to get that private information as we do not post such on the website. Just make a comment asking to be added or to introduce yourself.
The rest of this page is only relevant to those interested in our
Escazu project and our version of PARADISE.
Let’s first see if our idea of Paradise and yours are similar.
In our own project in San Antonio de Escazu, community and environmental responsibility are very important to us and our neighbours (possibly you) that will share our Urban Park with us along with the ideal lifestyle that brings. However if that is of little importance to your situation then Montaña Paraiso may not be of much interest to you but our advice and consulting in construction will be of great assistance to help you get the results you desire.
Now lets understand what we offer versus what you are looking for….
- 1. Are you looking for extremely low density living where the green area is over 80%? Space for children to play safely outdoors and 1.4 km of walking trails for exercise.
- 2. Do you want to be out of the noise and congestion of the city yet be close enough to everything the city has to offer for services and/ or close access to work? (Sabana, Pavas, Escazu and Santa Ana are all a 10 to a 20 minute drive.)
- 3. Do you want great value in a new home that is high quality, has low operating costs, is ecologically friendly, and built to 21st Century World Class Standards?
- 4. Are you looking for a View to Die For?
You simply WILL NOT find a better view in all of Escazu with great access that is equal! The picture above is very real from our view 61 stories above the National Stadium. Sorry no Condo in Sabana Park can match this for a killer view.
- 5. Do you want your home built by someone who really watches your back as in someone who looks for the best solutions and is both competent and accountable? You will have to read our E-book How Not to Get Ripped Off by the Construction Industry” to know exactly what that entails. Note the book has been edited for both the English as well as the Spanish version which is also available at the menu buttons above. This will be most significant to you if you do not want your home to become a create work project for the industry. As I inspect older homes I see such senseless stunts pulled off by contractors and builders that a message flashes out to me like a neon sign on a dark night, “We did this stupid thing because it will blow up in the owner’s face a few years down the road, then we will get paid to repair the damage caused by the time bomb we built the last time.” You will find various homes and many pictures that do in fact scream out and confirm this message as you read my book. If you think I exaggerate my point of view then I shall just let the so affected homes speak to us as witnesses to the myriad of errors. Then you decide what is the most likely cause behind the inevitable abuse the owner suffers as they are forced to pay to repair these errors. So the message is, if you do not want to be milked like a cow then I suggest you need to be forearmed with this kind of knowledge to know the big issues before you make ignorant decisions. As the saying goes, “If you think education is expensive then try out the cost of ignorance.” In this case your cost is the time invested in studying what is our gift to you, a boat load of tricks, tips and traps from many years of experience inside the construction industry.
If you answered yes to most of the above being your criteria to discover your own personal Paradise then you are indeed in the right place as we have a lot information about our project to share with you! As you tour around our site I have no doubt you will discover that few if any other site about Costa Rica or Central America or Real Estate give you this kind of information to help you in making intelligent decisions regarding buying or building or remodeling a home!
Our first Mission in our business is to have well informed clients and to ensure that no matter where or how you buy a home that you do so with EXCELLENT information in hand in order to make the best decisions that suit you and your family’s needs. Doing it right the first time is always MUCH cheaper and MUUUCH less stressful.
However with all of that being said it is just fine if our project Montaña Paraiso does not suit you since we can’t be everything to everyone or our location just does not work for you but that does not mean that this site does not serve a purpose as you may well have visited us for other reasons. Like you have other interests such as: home designs, remodeling, materials expediting, construction consulting or just to learn many Tips and Tricks to the game of construction, the easy way.
Also if any of these are of interest to you then you will definitely want to sign up for our newsletter below. There you will be able to watch us go step by step as we take a new home from concept to turn-key on our blog along with commentary, video & photo libraries and of course questions being answered for visitors. For any of those you can just click on the appropriate menu button which will take you to the page to get the information that best suits your current needs or you can add a comment or question below.
Thank you for your visit and have yourself a great day!
Trevor Chilton & Michael Pawluk
Techos Siglo 21 S.A.